INITIAL VIDEO AUDITION FORM
This form is for High School Juniors and Seniors (or graduates) interested in auditioning for The Young Americans using a video submission.
- Videos must be no more than 5 minutes in length.
- Videos must include a short introduction telling us why you would like to be a Young American.
- All candidates must sing in their audition video. The song should be approximately 16-32 measures, or 30-60 seconds in length, and must be sung a capella (without music). You may sing any style song that you feel best shows your vocal range, style, and personality.
- Please make sure your video shows your full body, even if you aren’t dancing.
- You may also include any of the following items in your video:
- A second song of a different style (your second song can be done with live accompaniment such as guitar, piano or band)
- A short dance routine showcasing as many styles as you would like
- A short monologue
- 16-32 measures of you playing an instrument (if you play more than one instrument you may include multiple clips)
- A short video clip of a performance (if you are in a group in your performance, please provide an indication of your location in the group).
- Please title your video to be the last 2 digits of the year you would like to be considered for (this is usually the year you graduate) underscore lastname underscore firstname (for example 19_Smith_John).
- Video file format should be .MP4 and should be no larger than 2 GB.
- Use WeTransfer.com to send your video for free to firstname.lastname@example.org – PLEASE SEND YOUR VIDEO BEFORE YOU COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW
AFTER THE AUDITION
All audition notifications will be sent via email to the email address entered on the form below. Notifications regarding your status in the audition process will be sent within 30 days of your audition. For audition timeline details, please refer to https://yacollege.edu/auditions.
This application has two parts, so make sure to stick around for Part 2 after clicking Submit below!
We do recommend using a personal email address and not a school email address.