Thanks so much for being a part of this virtual choir for Mr. Anderson!
We’re singing the 1992 arrangement of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” (sorry for those who know earlier versions – we had to make a choice, and this one will work better with the virtual choir sound).
Once we get all the video files in, we’ll mix them and put together a video to go with them and send them to Mr. A.
We also want to compile “What I learned from Mr. Anderson” clips – if you want to be a part of that, just make a second video file – please keep it down to a sentence or two. There are a lot of people that we’d like to include, so making yours short helps us be able to include it in some way!
First set of instructions is how to download practice materials, second set of instructions is how to actually record your videos!
If you want sheet music and audio files to practice, follow these instructions to download:
- Sheet music is here:
- Whole song with all parts is here:
- Whole song separate parts are here:
- 1st Soprano:
- 2nd Soprano
How to actually record:
- If you have a microphone, please use it! Even if you need to record a separate audio recording with the mic, and then a video recording – that’s OK (great, even). The better the audio, the better the finished piece!
- If you don’t understand that last sentence – don’t worry. It’s just for the tech-y guys.
- Hook up earbuds to your computer to be able to hear the music
- Set up your camera to record yourself
- Make it a full shot of your face so we can really see you!
- Start the music playing from the computer in your earbuds
- There’s a 1, 2, 3 count-in at the beginning (listen for it)
- Sing your heart out!
- Email the video file to email@example.com
- If the video won’t email for any reason, contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll figure something out for you!