The Music Outreach Program aims to:
- Encourage music in the schools of our nation and the world.
- Train young people in performance.
- Share insight and understanding of different cultures.
- Strengthen character and develop self-esteem, self-worth and self-discipline.
Students involved in Music Programs achieve higher SAT scores, are more likely to graduate from high school & attend college, and are less likely to be involved with gangs and substance abuse.
3-Day Workshops may include:
- The Young Americans® demonstration performances.
- Educational classes & workshops.
- Comprehensive evaluation: a time for each school to perform for our staff and receive hands-on instruction and suggestions (not mandatory).
- Honoring participating teachers: each teacher needs stature in the eyes of their students in order to build a stronger program.
Registration | The workshop is open to:
- High School Students
- Middle School Students
- 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade students
Classes | Designed for talented individuals who love to sing & dance!
- TV-Theater-The Stage: As applied to self-expression
- Vocal Techniques: Techniques for the individual student. Breathing and the care and “feeding” of the voice.
- Musical Theater: An overall look at the Broadway Theater, including “theater games”.
- Vocal Ensemble: Four separate rehearsals to bring together all participants into a performing ensemble, reading new music, learning interpretation and working together.
- Performance Workshop: Choreography, staging, performance. Includes attitudes, learning the why’s and how’s of assembling a show.
- Stage Movement: Singing and group dance.
- Sound Techniques: Microphone use for the solo voice and other aspects of sound reproduction.
- $49 per student for 3 days – *subject to change. Does not include meals
Visit the hosting page
to find out more about bringing the YAs to your school, or click here
to contact our Director of Booking regarding workshops in the U.S. and Canada.